The Real Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Real Reality

Come here to speak about anything on your mind. For indigos or earth angels of any ages. This is a sancturary for anyone who feels... different.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Atlantis...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Unorthodox.Angel
Admin
Unorthodox.Angel

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Atlantis... Empty
PostSubject: Atlantis...   Atlantis... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2007 10:37 am

Ok, I randomly decided to look up atlantis today...

Its quite interesting, what do you here know about it?
Back to top Go down
https://therealreality.editboard.com
kaiten

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Atlantis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantis...   Atlantis... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 2:49 pm

Don't know much. Was it Homer who first wrote about it? I think so--whoever it was, they mentioned that it had rocks of red and black and was beyond the pillars of Herculese. A lot of historians think that meant the Straits of Gibraltar and one guy put forth the theory that the isle of Crete is what is left of Altantis. The rocks are the right color and the island in a ring-like shape because only the top of a volcano is left--the rest sank. I think its not a bad theory but I don't know.

In some lines of thought, Thoth was an Atlantean.
Back to top Go down
Efreb Fedab

Efreb Fedab

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Atlantis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantis...   Atlantis... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 9:26 am

It was Plato.
Timaeus and Critias.
The work in these is very one sided and re written to suite the greeks. Plato was very patriotic. Anything to boost national pride.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodox.Angel
Admin
Unorthodox.Angel

Atlantis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantis...   Atlantis... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 10:07 am

So is there nothing to it?
Back to top Go down
Not-Accepted

Not-Accepted

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Atlantis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantis...   Atlantis... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 10:17 am

If you ever needed someone to be cheap and cheesey you could always get me to tell you to watch Stargate Atlantis lol. I know that the show has nothing to do with it and sorry to say but I don't know anything about Atlantis.

Twisted Evil Ezack! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Efreb Fedab

Efreb Fedab

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Atlantis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantis...   Atlantis... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 10:17 am

There are a lot of truths in them. Just their descrption of the end is a fair way off. OF coarse Atlantis existed. Platos view of it is just a little biased and stretched

Also ill add that there a some islands thought to be Atlantis. MOst arnt. In Atlantis' prime it had many out posts including Egypt, Hawaii and a few other islands. A little hard to explain in a short post but yeh.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodox.Angel
Admin
Unorthodox.Angel

Atlantis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantis...   Atlantis... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 10:26 am

Oh, I sorta get it a bit more now Smile
Back to top Go down
kaiten

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Atlantis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantis...   Atlantis... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 4:24 pm

Plato...I'll have to remember that. His accounts don't seem to match other accounts either--that is, if there is a whole lot to them. I think he said that it vanished about 100,000 years before his writing, didn't he? Most things you read now say 15,000 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Atlantis... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantis...   Atlantis... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atlantis...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Real Reality :: Mythology and Ancient Culture :: Ancient Cultures-
Jump to: