The Real Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Real Reality

Come here to speak about anything on your mind. For indigos or earth angels of any ages. This is a sancturary for anyone who feels... different.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good books?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Unorthodox.Angel
Admin
Unorthodox.Angel

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Good books? Empty
PostSubject: Good books?   Good books? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2007 5:42 am

Anyone know any good books about ancient cultures? I've got one on egypt, but its pretty basic... I'm in a learning mood, so any ancient culture is fascinating... I think I've learnt more, finding stuff out about all this stuff in the past couple of weeks, than I did all last year, at school...

Anyway, I'm eager to learn more, so if anyone knows any good books? Say them here, thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://therealreality.editboard.com
kaiten

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Good books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good books?   Good books? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 2:26 pm

For Egypt try The Seventy Great Mysteries of Ancient Egypt by Bill Maley. There's all sorts of pictures and it goes into the pyramids, mummies, myths and stuff. I've got too many books that I haven't read it yet but it looks very promising.

A really good book that made me see the Judeo/Christian category is an oxymoron and that modern Judaism is nothing like it's more mystical past, was a book by a Rabbi named Gershom Winkler called Magic of the Ordinary. It won't teach a whole lot about the old culture but does reveal some very interesting stuff including an old evocation of the quarters in Hebrew that was pretty cool. This book helped me in a lot of things.

If you really want to get into pure history and stay a bit further from mystical history or mythology, The Ancient Celts is a book that talks about a lot of history as far as where they came from, their Roman opression and that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodox.Angel
Admin
Unorthodox.Angel

Good books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good books?   Good books? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 1:30 am

Thank you Smile, I'll look into that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kaiten

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-01-31

Good books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good books?   Good books? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Sure. Is there anything in specific that you're interested in?
Back to top Go down
Unorthodox.Angel
Admin
Unorthodox.Angel

Good books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good books?   Good books? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 11:12 pm

Hmm, no. just general stuff...

Egyptian, Mayan, Greek and Roman Mythology, Atlantis... Celtic and Norse mythology...

I know a little on all these topics, but I'd like to know more on them, if you get what I mean...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good books? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good books?   Good books? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good books?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Real Reality :: Mythology and Ancient Culture :: Ancient Cultures-
Jump to: